In the tutorial, you get basic heroes, i.e., Galahad, Artemis, Thea, Phobos, and Astaroth. You can obtain other heroes and their Soul Stones by opening the Heroic Chest, completing heroic missions, etc. You can find more information about Hero Soul Stones here.
Every hero belongs to a specific role: tank, warrior, marksman, mage, support, control, and healer. Some heroes may have two roles, e.g., Cleaver is both tank and control.
Besides, some heroes have an additional stat, special trait. There are five specials in the game.
- Blessed: Galahad, Markus, Tristan, Luther;
- Grove Keeper: Thea, Alvanor, Kai;
- Undead: Phobos, Corvus, Morrigan;
- Engineer: Ginger, Isaac, Fox.
- Fire Heralds: Kayla, Aidan.
Each special trait has heroes with unique skills. In battle, these abilities grant certain bonuses to all characters with the same special on the team. For example, Corvus and Morrigan have the Undead trait. Thus, their skills are synergic.
Currently, there are five heroes with special skills:
- Corvus's Strike of the Damned and Unity of the Damned skills boost the Undead heroes;
- Morrigan's Bone Armor and Moonlight skills boost the Undead heroes;
- Alvanor's Rune of Life and Harmony of the Groveskills boost the Grove Keeper heroes;
- Tristan's Righteous Zeal, Serving the Light, and Blessed Vanguard skills boost the Blessed heroes;
- Isaac's Drone Swarm skill boosts the Engineer heroes.
You can find detailed information about a hero in their Stats tab. There you can learn about their background, position, main and secondary stats, and role. To open the Stats tab: