A screenshot is an image that shows the content of a screen. Screenshots are crucial for troubleshooting.
- Press the Print Screen button. Depending on your keyboard, this button might appear as PrtScn, PRTSC, PRTSCN, or a similar abbreviation. On a laptop, you might need to hold the Function (Fn) key and then press the Print Screen.
- Open Paint, Word, or any image editing program and hold Ctrl and press V. The image you have just made will be pasted into the chosen program.
- Save the file and attach it to your inquiry.
- Hold the Command (cmd) key, press Shift, and then hit 3 to take a screenshot of your whole screen.
- All screenshots are saved automatically as .png files on your desktop. Find the appropriate .png file.
- Attach the file to your inquiry.